Swizzels Matlow you muther fuckers. Home of some of the UK's favourite sweets, Drum Sticks, Refreshers, Rainbow Drops and even Love Hearts. The Matlow Brothers started making sweets back in 1928, joining forces with David Dee going on to form Swizzels in 1933. The company adopted the name Swizzels Matlow in 1975. They're the largest indepentant sweet manufacturer in the UK, Who would have known?Like, I was genuinely expecting some willy wonker style LSD shit, streams and ponds of liquid chocolate and concoctions of Purple Violets so strong the coke heads be trippin. Okay I was certainly wrong, however our beloved sweet company made a totally impressive explore.
Myself and three ninja's by the name of Scott, Rookinella and Dsankt parked up. Observed the site as casual pedestrians and suddenly dissappeared off radar. Flowing through deep forestry, the thorniest bushes known to man and walls 7 foot high of polyethylene contain0rs.
The factory is divided into three stages, the first most probably being R&D, somewhere I'll always associate with mad scientists and their inane mix of glass beakers and pipes, emmitting multi-coloured smoke. The second being the main manufacturing plant and lastly packaging and distribution.
Once in it felt quaint. Was this really a sweet factory? It didnt look like one, where were the Oompa Loompas? I looked hard but couldn't find them. All was confimed when Scott read a label on a set of boxes 8 foot high. In the eye straining blue light, revealing the contents within read "Mr Banana". Fuck Yeah...






No comments:
Post a Comment
designated comment area.. apparently: