Wednesday, 11 March 2009

One Hundred and Thirty Four

Downstream Macro, Bradford

The Rainbow junction in Bradford, named duly to the oily surface water features an awesome hub for the city's drains. To the right junctions lead upstream to the mighty Upstream Macro, Academy, Bypass & Pandora's box while the two tunnels to the left lead into Downstream Macro.

le rainbow junction


Myself and LittleMike first busted one into Downstream Macro, it gradually increases in height from 10 foot into monster tunnels at 20 foot. Thinking about taking your car into a drain? Well this could be the one. Its Big.

big

Midway through, you meet a connecting overflow pipe. It never gets old seeing the cheeky waterboard adding an overflow hidden from the eye's of the public...I'm sure a few miles down out of the city that the watercourse is home to a play area for local kids...I'm glad I never splashed in the brook when I was a kid. The overflow chamber is a small yet unnerving room. You're instantly greeted with a cesspit/sump. This would be the worst place to die, in deep, untreated, stagnated sewage.


34 photo's stitched.


overflow


outfall

ends.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am as well keen on abandoned places.

    Recently I brought to Great Britain a new game, called Encounter.There are more than 100,000 people playing it in Eastern Europe.

    And I am happy to invite You to the game, You can choose whatever date is more convinient to You, and also know that the first game is free.
    During the game you experience lots of new emotions.

    It is a mixture of treasurehunt, urban exploration and brainring.

    All the details You can find on the website http://britain.en.cx, basically there are all the contacts, how to contact me.

    Best Regards,

    Kirill Gorlats
    Encounter Organizer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer.

    But you'll find that 99.9% of the places on this site are not abandoned, and are very much in use. It's a common misconception, especially with drains, sewer's and other storm-water systems.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete

designated comment area.. apparently: