Back last year we explored Barton Bridge, the 2.5km high level bridge that spans a particular section of the M60,
I find myself harnessed up, on the opposite side of the railings, clipped in to 60 metres of rope. Seriously what the fuck?On this freezing winters night, Scott, Rookinella, Oggy and Myself find ourself venturing yonder through the walkways of the Barton Bridge, with the intention to jump off into a rather large rope swing. After enduring the prolonged chill, Scott had rigged up the ropes and our test dummy Oggy was only too eager to test out the jump. 3, 2, 1, Boom! and 5 minutes later returned to the walkways with the biggest grin on his face. Then it was my turn...

I've never done a sky dive or bungee jump before, the biggest rope swings I had been on were 20 foot max, and they didn't involve a 20 foot freefall, nor jumping off a bridge. The worst is seeing the floor...Its rather unnerving, Its not like im afraid of hieghts, quite the opposite, I like being up high, my world is clear when I'm high up. It was just the fact I could go splatt...

None the less, I trusted Scott's handy rope work, So I clipped in, climbed over the railings, and adjusted myself for the fall and then the swing. 120 foot between me and the floor, I thought fuck it, and went for it.
Shit The Fucking Bed , you could have asked me any question, hell, you could have asked me what my name was and I could guarantee I would have thought you were chatting in Chinese. The G forces sent my internal organs to places they'd never been before, and the adrenaline hit me harder than a slut to the chest. Fucking Immense.
Much restepc's to Rooks, to Oggy for being the ever faithful test dummy, and biggest shouts to Scott for ensuring I didn't go splat. nuff respect dude. Seriously fucking cool, I so need to start sky-diving...
ends





you. are. fucking. crazy. amazing!
ReplyDeleteWOAH!!! Plain amazing!
ReplyDelete